WordPress CMS is very easy to be modified, much of the available plugin and themes to make interest to your WordPress look more beautiful, in addition to social bookmarking plugins to create interaction between a user and your blog, make a Guestbook on your blog can also make Returning visitors and increase traffic and a total view to your blog, to create a WordPress Guestbook I used DMSGuestbook to use to make WordPress Guestbook.
DMSGuestbook is a plugin that is used to create a WordPress Guestbook instantly. Simple display of DMSGuestbook makes the fast loading for WordPress, WordPress Guestbook also use captcha and combined with Akismet to prevent spam on your Guestbook. You also can adjust the color appearance of the Guestbook,using Gravatar and add a custom css.
When finished installing the plugin and activate it, create new page in WordPress to use as a Guestbook page to your blog, titled “Guestbook” or “My Guestbook”, up to you for make the page Guestbook title, then for the content of these pages leave blank because of DMSGuestbook page will display on that page.
After creating a page for the Guestbook, go to the menu DMSGuestbook on WordPress dashboard, on the Basic menu, press the “Clear all” button and select the language you want to use, then select the page that you created earlier, then press the “Save”.
Now open your Guestbook page, DMSGuestbook already make your Guestbook on there. The Things you should know on Guestbooks settings :
- Email Notification: You can provide notification to your email address if there is a new entry in your Guestbook.
- Extended: In addition position your WordPress Guestbook view, Check “rel=”nofollow” tag for posted url’s:” to make nofollow link to homepage, in contrast with the internal link you should use “nofollow” for a better get good in the SERP.
- Captcha / Akismet: You can combine it with the Akismet captcha or not using the captcha.
- Gravatar: Use Gravatar on your Guestbook.
- CSS: You can modify your Guestbook view by creating a custom css.