How to Jailbreak iPad 2 ?
Jailbreaking the iPad 2 is a great way for you to enjoy all the other apps that are made by underground or homebrew developers. You can have access to Cydia App Store where you can find thousands of apps that are made for the iPad 2 but have not been sold or approved in the Apple iTunes Store.
There are two ways on how to jailbreak iPad 2. One is the tether jailbreak wherein you need to rerun the device through the software when you have new apps. The other jailbreak process is a onetime way on how to jailbreak iPad 2.
Here are some steps on how you can tether jailbreak iPad 2:
- Make sure that you have the iOS version created for iPad 2. If you do not have it, download iOS 4.3 and use iTunes to restore it. There will be a lot of the ipsw files that will ask for an upgrade but just select the file with “iPad 2” attached to it. When you download the ipsw files, make sure that you keep them in one folder so that when you need them again for backup purposes or for reverting to its original state, you will be able to locate them immediately.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6. Just like any other program that you need to download, it will come in two versions, one for Windows and another for Mac. Choose the one that is most applicable to you. Run the installation process on your computer.
- Open Redsn0w. Locate the ipsw file on your iPad 2. Once you have done this, a list of choices will come up on the screen. Choose “Install Cydia” and then carry on with the installation process. If you want to choose other options, that is okay, just as long as you will install Cydia as well.
- Connect your iPad 2 to the computer and make sure that the iPad 2 is switched off. Continue by clicking on the “Next” button.
- Put the iDevice on DFU mode. There will be instructions that will guide you on how to do this right on the software. Follow these instructions from Redsn0w and the rest will automatically be done for you.
- Once this is done, you now will have a tethered jailbroken iPad 2. Every time you have new jailbroken apps on your iPad 2, you need to run it on Redsn0w.
Here is another set of steps on how to jailbreak iPad 2:
- Open Safari web browser on your iDevice.
- Go to the website Jailbreakme.com.
- Choose “iPad 2” from the device options in the list.
- Jailbreakme.com will show that it is downloading a PDF file to your iPad 2. However, you will realize that downloading a PDF file is problematic on the iPad 2 so eventually the Safari web browser will crash.
- After the crash, the jailbreak code will begin installing.
- When the installation is finished, it will begin installing Cydia App store on your iPad 2.
- Once this is done, you can reboot your iPad 2 and once it is on again, it is already jailbroken.